Volunteering or Working with Children
It is a requirement of our Church and the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne that volunteers and lay employees undertake a Clearance for Service. We have made progress in meeting these requirements and now need your help to take the next steps in applying for an Interim Certificate for Clearance. The requirements for volunteers and lay employees have recently changed and it is a requirement that you have a current clearance in order to perform a role, office or position of service.
Besides our moral and social obligations to protect vulnerable people, this is a legislative requirement of the Victorian Government for volunteers and lay employees.
There are three steps to obtain clearance for service:
- Register for a WWCC
- Complete a Police Check
- Apply for an Interim Conditional Clearance for Service
UPDATING OR REGISTERING FOR A WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK (WWCC):
Then click the ‘Apply for Check’ button and follow the instructions.
- Click the “I want to register” button
- You’ll be asked for some details to confirm who you are
- You’ll get an email to confirm you’re real, follow the link in that email
- Login with your email and password
- Select “Change my details”.
- Scroll down and add the following three organisations: St Matthews Anglican Church Panton Hill, Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, and Kooyoora Office of Professional Standards. You can find the details for each of these on the table below.
- Make sure to click submit at the bottom of the page when you’re done!
|Do you know which specific organisation(s) you work for||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Organisation name||St Matthew’s Anglican Church Panton Hill||Anglican Diocese of Melbourne||Kooyoora Office of Professional Standards for the Diocese of Melbourne|
|Postal number and street||575 Kangaroo Ground -St Andrews Road||209 Flinders Lane||PO Box 329|
|Postal Address Line 2|
|Phone||0403660776||03 9653 4220||03 9416 1008|
|Occupational work code||64 – Religious organisation||64 – Religious organisation||64 – Religious organisation|
St Matthew’s will be posted a copy of your WWCC once it has been approved. This copy will be put on confidential file for record-keeping.
Please follow the instructions to lodge your national Police History Check online:
- Click on this link: https://www.crimcheck.org.au/check/PantonHillStAndrews
- Fill in the details.
- Once you have completed the form and clicked submit you will receive an email from CrimCheck with full details of your check (including a list to help you understand what documents constitute Proof of ID).
- You will need to obtain copies of your Proof of ID – these documents provided must consist of:
- 1 x Commencement Identity Document (eg: passport)
- 1 xPrimary Community Document (eg: driver’s licence)
- 2 x Secondary Community Documents (eg: medicare card & credit/debit card)
- Our Child Safety Officer will need to sight these within 10 days of you completing the check online. Please scan and email your Identity Documents to email@example.com Alternatively you can show your Identity Documents to Mark in person. Note: During COVID-19 restrictions documents must be delivered electronically.
- As soon as the check is resolved it will be emailed to you.
REQUEST INTERIM CONDITIONAL CLEARANCE FOR SERVICE
Volunteers working with children are also required to obtain a Clearance for Service from Kooyoora. Kooyoora Ltd was incorporated on 12 January 2017 to operate independently of the Anglican Church a process to deal with the complaints against Church workers and to operate a screening regime for participating Anglican dioceses pursuant to the Professional Standards Uniform Act 2016of those dioceses. Kooyoora Ltd is an independent Professional Standards company which undertakes Professional Standards work for not for profit charitable entities. More information about Kooyoora is available here.
To request an Interim Conditional Clearance for Service email Kooyoora using the following templated link: (make sure you adjust the email with your details where marked with XXXX, or delete sections not applicable)
If the link doesn’t work for you, send an email using the following template:
Subject: Application for Interim Conditional Clearance Certificate
My name is XXXX and I am (Insert church role/office e.g. Churchwarden) at St Matthews Panton Hill. My vicar’s name is Rev. Jonathan Lopez and their email address is cc’d into this email. I have previously been known by the following names, XXXX. I would like to apply for an Interim Conditional Clearance Certificate and have attached a copy of my Working With Children Check/VIT Card (if applicable) and my Police Check.
I last attended the Diocese’s Professional Standards and Child Safe Training on (insert date) or commit to do so within nine months of this email.
During the past 10 years I have/have not lived, worked or travelled in another country other than Australia for longer than 12 months. If applicable, state the country/countries other than Australia that you have lived, worked or travelled in for more than 12 months: XXXX